October 7, 2013

The Power Lip

Excuse my tilted engagement ring. More resizing necessary. It's getting chillier -- time to whip out the glitter nail polish!

My lovely Kris Jane silk scarf really added a lovely pop of color to mostly monochrome outfit. 

This magnificent church is in Ely, a very cute town in Cambridgeshire. 

Outfit details:
Striped crop top - Topshop (similar here)
Faux Leather Skirt - Forever 21 (similar here)
'Divine Emerald' Silk Scarf - c/o Kris Jane International
Black Sneakers - H&M
Leather Bomber - Forever 21
Maroon Hat - On loan from Miriam
Black Leather Satchel - PS 1 Bag
Double Crystal Ring - Urban Outfitters

Looking back on pictures from a weekend out, I noticed there was something off about my outfit. (Please tell me I'm not the only who conducts post-outfit analysis on Instagram?) I think I had all the right elements but something was amiss.... and then I had my a-ha! moment. It was my basically bare lips! As much as a pair of shoes or the right accessory can take an outfit from zero to hero, lip products are right up there too. This Fall I'm very excited to experiment with deep purple and berry shades -- something on The Craft level of lip color. Gosh, now I'm definitely going to have to watch that film tonight.

But anyway! The berry concoction I'm wearing above is Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lipliner in 'plum' with Revlon Lip Butter in 'Pink Truffle' on top. I'm learning that the lip liner might actually be more important than the lipstick itself. I want to say that I recommend this lipliner but it's actually quite crumbly and disappointing because it was quite pricey. It's only redemption is the lip brush attachment.

What lip colors will you be wearing this Fall? Let us know in the comments below!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love the leather skater skirt! and the lips of course!

    www.asiaandkasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Remotely Fashion. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig